Monday, July 5, 2010

July 5, 2010

Well, I made it safely to Washington DC yesterday.  My plane ride has uneventful and I had a lovely lay over in Milwaukee.  There I was able to enjoy a lovely Door County cherry yogurt parfait. Yeah Door County!  Last night, my new roomie, Rebecca, and I enjoyed the fourth of July fireworks in front of the Washington Monument.  They were spectacular!  This morning we headed over to Dupont Circle and had a leisure breakfast.  Yes, it's all about the food.  This afternoon begins out first day of the Holocaust and Jewish Resistance Teacher Program at the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum.  I can't wait to meet the 23 other teachers and begin the trip.  We leave tomorrow afternoon for Israel.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Erin,, this sounds so amazing! I am so happy for you and can't wait to hear all about you when you get home! We watched the fireworks on tv and wished we were still in DC!!!! Really loved it there! Have a magnificent time and Travel safely!
    (I'm signed in under Matt's account because I don't have one!!!!!)

    Lisa Eichinger

    ReplyDelete